Available formats: CD (UK)
Old Gold Records ELITE025 CD
Track List -
- Wishing (If I Had A Photograph Of You)
- Modern Love Is Automatic
- (It's Not Me) Talking
- Heartbeat Like A Drum
- Transfer Affection
- The More You Live, The More You Love
- Never Again (The Dancer)
- Who's That Girl (She's Got It)
- Space Age Love Song
- Living In Heaven
- I Ran
Information on this page provided by Claude Flowers.
- The CD sleeve and disc silk-screen list the last track as "Telecommunications". The actual song title is, in fact, "Telecommunication" (singular). Information provided by Holly Anderson.
- The featured version of "I Ran" is the 5:04 UK album mix.
- "Committed" is the short version from the "Wishing" 7".
- The liner notes (by an uncredited writer) generally fall back onto the oft-read "Great songs, funny haircuts" sort of commentary we're used to, but there are some good observations about the band's place in rock history, including the comment, "Whatever its failings, the synth-dominated New Romantic arena where A Flock of Seagulls and their contemporaries recorded and performed was a most inventive period, perhaps
the final outpost of rock music's progression before the invidious invasion of 'dance' rhythms that dominated the late '80s."
- The cover art (showing computer circuit boards and parts of a telephone) is an homage to the cover of "Listen."
- The same tracks on this CD were also released (in a different running order) on the Music Club "Best of A Flock of Seagulls" disc, a compilation that should be confused with the more common Arista "Best Of" disc.
- The back cover lists an incorrect playing time; The disc is actually 67 minutes 26 seconds long.
- In addition to the typographical error of "Telecommunications" (the song is "Telecommunication"), "Transfer Affection" is listed as "Transfer Affections."
Previous entry | Next entry | Home | Discography | Send comment